Monday 6 September 2010

Generation Kill Pt.1

Look at them, glorifying war. Probably looking for the
propaganda machine... Image TV Guide
Are we all ready for another healthy dose of my unadulterated anger? Well tough, you're getting it anyway. Now, I'll admit that I haven't got around to watching HBO's Generation Kill yet, but I'm in good company - neither has this reviewer:
The trailer is enough to see that this is yet more glorification of those brainwashed by the controllers to murder innocent people in the name of oil and the sickening spread of consumerism and mindless capitalism. Well praise the lord and god bless such brave souls hey. peace is nothing more than an interval bewteen wars as long as we continue to follow the propaganda machines You're reviewing a 7 hour TV series on the basis of a 90 second trailer. I'll say that again. 7 hour series. 90 second trailer. Are you fucking nuts? Unsurprisingly, you're 'review' does not improve. As I said, I haven't seen the series, but I've heard enough about it to know that it is not 'glorifying' the Iraq war. The series was based on an actual journalists actual experiences during the early days of the Iraq War. It's meant to show what it was really like. And, by all accounts, it does that pretty well. The one thing I've heard (from more reliable sources, though I concede that that would not be terribly difficult) this series does not do is glorify the war. Would you be so kind as to never review anything ever again. And for the future of the human race, please don't have children.
 I have trekked all the way to America (well, I had to type Amazon.com into google, so almost the same thing...) to bring you the following, beautiful pieces. Now we have another person living in cloud-cuckooland where the most offensive word people say is dam (no, I did not miss out the 'n', I meant 'dam' as in Hoover Dam):
The language is repulsive. I pray that our soldiers do not think/behave this way. Of course they do. Most of the modern world thinks/behaves this way. These soldiers put their lives on the line, I think they're allowed to curse a little. Perhaps you'd better stick to The Green Berets in future...
Lastly, would anyone like a right wing, Republican nutjob? I do spoil you so:
When viewing, factor in that Evan Wright is a * journalist * for the the left-wing radical, hate-filled "Rolling Stone". I don't think I really need to add anything here, do I?
I wish all these reviews were so easy...

There are more reviews from America on this series declaring it 'unpatriotic' and 'anti-war' (this is suggested as a bad thing, just to be clear), but so as not to make this post as long and unwieldy as this sentence, I will post the rest of these next week. I know you'll be waiting on the edge of your seats with bated breath...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails